Saturday, October 5, 2013

Status Report

Wow.  I've seriously neglected the blog.  Time has slipped by and I'm a bit taken aback to realized that it's been nearly two months since I've posted anything.  It's been a combination of things really.  My wife's medical situation and my job search have been distractions, and certainly essential ones considering the priorities. However, it would be grossly overstating the case to offer those as excuses.

The truth is, I'm unemployed and have had ample time. I just flat out hit the wall, ran out of motivation to continue painting - or at least the ethusiasm to work on whatever things I had in the pipeline.  So I took a break, dabbled in building a couple of plastic models, played computer wargames, spent more riding the bikes, etc.

This is about the last thing I painted before this fallow period, a few Conquistadors.  The foot are old figures from Kieler and Loy, the rider from Scholtz.




What now ?  Taking a somewhat different tack, I have in mind a new project which has really rekindled my enthusiasm.  And I promise not to wait another two months to reveal the details. 

13 comments:

  1. It is good to see that you are blogging again. I. Have never ever tried painting 'flats' but I always enjoy seeing your work. It is truly great!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to have you back.I await news of the new project with interest.I am pleased the hobby fire is rekindled for you.
    Best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back - great figures as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had my own fallow periods, generally when outside live rudely intervened to sap energy and distract but luckily they have always passed to date. Good to see a new post and such marvelous figures. Looking forward to seeing what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very much for the gratifying and warm welcome back, gentlemen !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to have you back - the number of my posts have been decreasing lately too, but hopefully I can pick up the pace again. The figures are very nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Andras. I'll keep an eye on your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you back! I really enjoy your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Steve, reading your post, I began to worry about you. It sounds not well what you wrote; a professional daily life should be stable and the family in good health. You are such an evidently talented artist with figures - you earn all my deep respect. If I can do anything for you, supporting or giving some ideas, or whatever, let me know it - I would do that with pleasure.
    _Peter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Janos. Glad you like the painting and I'll try to keep new things coming here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peter, I thank you very much for your concern about my welfare. I'm okay, I assure you. My wife is undergoing chemotherapy, leaving her constantly tired and often irritable. All I can do is support her as best I can. On the hobby front, it was just a case of temporary malaise. My boyish enthusiasm remains intact.

    Regards,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve, for this open words - it is good to read such an answer. I wish all the best for your wife - I know such malaise from my own family. I am glad following your new outputs in the hobby - me too, I am boyish; just extremely occupied by profession at this time..
      _Peter

      Delete